Laurel Marois Ackerman, the granddaughter of Don Anderson, was born and raised in St. Pete and is happy to still call it home today! She went to LCC Day School and graduated from Shorecrest Preparatory School before attending UF and UF Law and becoming a PROUD Double Gator!
Laurel joined the family business with extensive criminal law experience. She clerked at the Federal Public Defender’s Office in Tampa, served as a CLI at the 8th Judicial Circuit Public Defender’s Office in Gainesville, and worked at the United States Department of Justice Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section in Washington, D.C. She worked as an Assistant Public Defender at the 13th Circuit Public Defender’s Office in Tampa for three years in the intake, juvenile, misdemeanor, and felony divisions. She gained experience in social security disability law while clerking at the Administrative Conference of the United States in Washington, D.C. and interning at her parents’ business, Anderson Marois & Associates, who are Accredited Disability Representatives and EDPNAs.
Laurel and her husband Chris have two dogs, Albus “Albie” Dumbledog and Eloise “Ellie” at the Plaza, that they love to experience Downtown St. Pete With! Laurel is an avid sports fan and loves cheering for her Tampa Bay teams, the Florida Gators, and Ole Miss (her husband’s alma mater)! She serves on the Management Team of the Junior League of St. Petersburg, is a member of the St. Petersburg Yacht Club and Pinellas County Gator Club, and an advisor for the USF chapter of her sorority, Sigma Kappa!
- University of Florida, B.A., Cum Laude
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Florida Bar
- Washington, D.C Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Disability Representatives
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation Book Award, UF Law
- Trial Team Book Award, UF Law
- Appellate Advocacy Book Award, UF Law
- Historic Preservation Law Book Award, UF Law
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award, UF Law