Don Anderson has practiced law in St. Petersburg, Florida for over 45 years. He is recognized as one of the most knowledgeable, experienced and highly skilled litigators in the Tampa Bay area. Don began his career as an insurance adjuster and after graduating from law school, represented some of the biggest insurance companies in the State of Florida. He knows how insurance companies work and he knows that insurance companies do not have a claimant’s best interest in mind when evaluating claims. He has dedicated his practice to representing injured parties against those same insurance companies and helping clients with their Disability Claims, Worker’s Compensation Claims, Auto Accident Claims and Life Insurance Claims.
Don has lectured at various professional, civic, and church groups, as well as at Stetson Law and St. Petersburg College. He is considered within the legal community one of the most knowledgeable and resourceful attorneys litigating ERISA claims today. After a long legal career, Don now focuses his practice on long-term and short-term disability cases and life insurance claims.
Don has two children and two grandchildren. He comes from a family of many attorneys, including his sister, brother-in-law, uncles and cousins, and continued that legacy himself with his son and granddaughter, Laurel Ackerman. He is an avid Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, and when he is not practicing law, he enjoys Monday morning quarterbacking to anyone who wants to know how the game is supposed to be played. He loves to read (his late wife was a librarian!) and loves classic cars. He wants to note that his granddaughter required the firm have a website and this bio on it, and though he loves her very much, he does not intend to read it.
- Florida State University, B.A.
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Florida Bar
- U.S. Circuit Court for the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- National Football League Players Association, Past Regional Attorney
- National Association of Disability Representatives
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Sustainer
- National Thunderbird Club of America, Past National Counsel